Almost each student has desires of learning abroad. However, their hopes would possibly perish after they realised that they don’t have the financial strengths to afford it. The good news is that there are many scholarships that allow these students to study abroad. Grab the possibility to apply for these top 11 overseas scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies!
1. JPA Scholarship underneath Engineering Programme
> This scholarship program encourages college students to pursue engineering careers and study in Germany, France, Japan and Korea
This JPA Scholarship is offered by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (JPA). Candidates are only allowed to choose one of four eligible countries (Germany, France, Japan and Korea) relying on interest and potential.
• Not greater than 19 years of age (20 years old for Remove Class students);
• Having good health and never suffering from critical illnesses similar to hepatitis, AIDS, HIV, and so forth.; and
• Obtained no much less than A- grade in eight (8) of the next subjects:– Malay language;– History;– Islamic Studies or Al-Quran and As-Sunnah Education or Syariah Islamiah Education– English language– Physics– Chemistry– Mathematics– Additional Mathematics
Click right here to read on : JPA Loan for Overseas Studies – A Complete Guide.
2. Bank Negara Scholarships (pre-university, undergraduate, postgraduate)
> The recipients of these scholarships are given the freedom to pursue their very own area of study in top universities in any nation of their alternative
The Postgraduate Scholarshipis awarded to eligible individuals to pursue, or are at present pursuing Postgraduate studies in the following area of studies at selected leading universities locally and globally.
At chosen leading universities locally and globally:
* Actuarial Science
The scholarship normally closes within the first week of March.
Criteria for pre-university candidates:
* Straight A+ in 2015 SPM examination
• Not exceeding 19 years of age on 1 July • Strong leadership qualities, high teamwork capabilities, excel in each extra-curricular activities and sports activities
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities
Criteria for undergraduate candidates:
* STPM / A-Level – at least 2 A and 1 B ; or
• Diploma / Matriculation – Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of a minimum of three.50 ; or
• South Australian Matriculation – ATAR of no less than 85% ; or
• American Foundation Program – SAT1 score of no less than 1200 ; or
• For candidates presently pursuing Undergraduate – Current CGPA of a minimum of three.50
Criteria for postgraduate candidates:
* Obtained a First Class (Honours) Bachelor / Master’s Degree from recognised native and abroad universities
* Not exceeding 30 years old for Master and 35 years old for PhD on 1 July * Passed SPM with credit in Bahasa Melayu and English topics
3. IJM Scholarship Award Programme
> Academically profitable students who need to apply for this scholarship programme additionally needs to have a good command in English, both written and oral
Students with glorious tutorial record, who are proactive and highly-motivated, and intend to pursue or are pursuing any one of the following courses are encouraged to use for the IJM Scholarship Awards.
* Estate Management
* Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
* Housing, Building and Planning
* Quantity Surveying
The scholarship normally closes in the first week of March.
* Achieved a minimal of 5As in SPM/O-Level and minimum of 3As in STPM/A-Levels or equal whichever is applicable
* Good command of English, each written and verbal
* For these presently pursuing a level, must obtain at least a CGPA score of three.50 out of 4.00 of their newest semester outcome
* Financially needy
4. Perdana University (JPA/PSD) Scholarship Awards
> This scholarship awards are solely eligible to students who have been provided in Perdana University and it closes in May
Malaysia Public Service Department (PSD) invites Malaysian students who’ve an excellent educational standing to use for this scholarship to study at Perdana University.
The scholarship usually closes at the end of May.
* Only college students who have been offered a spot at Perdana University are eligible to use for the scholarships.
* Students must also meet the requirements by PSD to have the ability to qualify for the scholarships.
5. Yayasan Khazanah Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
> This scholarship programmes provide students the chance to study in top universities in Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom
The Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship is a prestigious award that gives opportunities for high-achieving Malaysians to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at chosen prime universities in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia. Recipients of those scholarships are supplied with leadership trainings and job attachments at leading organisations in Malaysia.
The scholarship closes in the second week of March.
a) For Foundation Studies
* Successful candidates shall be despatched to Kolej Yayasan UEM, KYUEM to pursue A-level programme
* Obtained a minimal of 8As (combination of A and A+) in the current SPM examination
* Not exceeding 18 years of age
b) For Undergraduate Studies (Please attach university confirmation letter on the Attachments tab)
* Obtained a minimal 3As for A-level / 38 factors for International Baccalaureate (IB) / a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 for Pre-university programme
* Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (UK and Australia University) or obtained a minimal CGPA of 3.50 for Bachelor’s Degree in previous semester
6. MyBrainSc Scholarship
> This scholarship program caters to students who’re learning in pure science courses in each public and private universities
MyBrainSc scholarship is open to all Malaysian residents who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate (full-time) in pure science programs in Malaysian public universities (IPTA) and the world’s top universities.
The scholarship is open to Science stream college students.
The scholarship opens on 1 January 2016 and closes on 29 February 2016.
The general eligibility for undergraduate, masters and PhD applicants are:
* Malaysian citizens
* Candidates acquiring a minimum CGPA of three.6 and above
* Students who aren’t receiving any scholarship or sponsorship from any sponsor
7. Shell Malaysia Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
> This scholarship program mostly provides financial assistance to college students who need to pursue their careers in engineering
This scholarship award is open to college students who might be enterprise and or currently in a full time 1st Degree in any University in the United Kingdom, United States or Australia.
* Petroleum Engineering
* Chemical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Civil/Structural Engineering
* Candidates pursuing different engineering or sciences or non-technical (e.g. Finance or Human Resources) disciplines are also encouraged to use.
The scholarship closes at the end of March annually.
* Minimum three.0 CGPA or its equal at 1st Degree studies level
* Minimum three.zero CGPA or its equal at Pre University Level i.e. Diploma/STPM/IB, or 2As & 1B for A-Levels /Foundation.
* Do not obtain some other scholarships/loans.
8. UEM Group Berhad Overseas Scholarship Programme
> This scholarship program helps students who need to pursue careers in business, constructed setting and engineering
The programme provides alternatives particularly for Malaysians who’ve an excellent tutorial background to pursue a pre-university programme at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) in Lembah Beringin, earlier than furthering studies at a good university overseas, notably UK, US and Australia
Nurturing scholars, leadership training and development actions with job attachments within the UEM Group of Companies are offered throughout the programme and throughout the bonded period.
* Business (Finance/Business Management/Accounting/Economics/Marketing)
* Built Environment (Quantity Surveying/Town Planning/Land Surveying/Building Services/Building Management)
* Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
The scholarship closes on the finish of March annually.
* All candidates have to be Malaysian citizens who are proficient in English.
* Excellent educational monitor report in Form four & 5
* Obtained a minimum of 7As (A+/A’s) in related subjects in SPM examinations
9. Genting Malaysia GENM Scholarship Awards
> In order to use for this scholarship, students need to be under 23 years of age and nonetheless haven’t pursue their research in a full-time degree course
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) supplies excellent younger Malaysians with the golden alternative to further their research domestically or abroad. We are providing financial help for undergraduate studies to those that have excelled academically and are energetic leaders with their extra-curricular activities.
* Leisure & Hospitality
* Business/ Marketing, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical)
* Human Resources
* Social Sciences
The scholarship closes in the first week of April.
* Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and beneath.
* Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or abroad college. Those already pursuing a level aren’t eligible.
* Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:- STPM: minimal three As, OR
– Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, OR- A-Level: minimum three As, OR- Australian TER: minimum 90.zero, OR- Recognized foundation/Pre-university programs: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, OR- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.zero
10. Singapore’s ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysians: Pre-University One Scholarship
> Every 12 months, students who’re eligible for this scholarship award needs to apply for it earlier than March
Three forms of awards are offered beneath the ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia:
1. Secondary One ScholarshipsThe ASEAN Secondary One Scholarships is tenable for six years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
2. Secondary Three ScholarshipsThe ASEAN Secondary Three Scholarships is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore colleges from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed yearly, subject to the passable performance of the scholar.
three. Pre-University One ScholarshipsThe ASEAN Pre-University One Scholarships is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificates. The Scholarship is for two years of Pre-University studies in chosen Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed yearly, topic to the passable performance of the scholar.
The scholarship closes on the end of March annually.
eleven. Kuok Foundation Berhad Singapore Polytechnics Diploma Awards
> This scholarship award is for college students who are presently learning on the selected universities in Singapore
KUOK FOUNDATION BERHAD invites applications for the above awards from Malaysian residents applying for or currently pursuing full time diploma courses on the following Singapore Polytechnics :-
* Nanyang Polytechnic
* Ngee Ann Polytechnic
* Republic Polytechnic
* Singapore Polytechnic
* Temasek Polytechnic
Full mortgage or half-loan half-grant study award. Loan portion of the study award is interest-free and is repayable by month-to-month instalments upon commencement.
The scholarship closes in the first week of March every year.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified for interview. Interviews might be carried out at Kuok Foundation’s workplace in Kuala Lumpur.For further queries, please e-mail to [email protected]
For more updates on scholarships, go to Afterschool.my’s scholarships page.