COMPETITION NOW OPEN
The application period is open for exchanges through the academic yr.
Canadian institutions should apply on-line on behalf of candidates by the March 21, 2023 deadline.
Study in Canada Scholarships goal to extend opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome worldwide students from a variety of nations and territories on short-term exchanges for study or research. This will provide institutions the chance to strengthen and diversify their worldwide linkages and promote their tutorial and research excellence in new markets.
The new connections created via the program will diversify and enrich Canada’s schooling engagement with a various range of companions, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement the Government of Canada’s broader worldwide trade diversification efforts.
The Study in Canada Scholarships is a Short-term Exchange Program under Global Affairs Canada’s International Scholarships Program.
Eligibility To be eligible, you have to be:
* ✔ a citizen of an eligible country/territory * Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
* Europe: Türkiye, Ukraine
* Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia
* Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
* ✔ a student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary establishment in an eligible country/territory
* ✔ paying tuition fees to that establishment at the time of utility and for the full length of your trade
You usually are not eligible for this scholarship if:
* you hold or have a pending software for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
* you are already collaborating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada
* you might be already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution
Canadian post-secondary establishments excited about hosting students should:
* ✔ be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
* ✔ have a legitimate scholar exchange settlement with the student’s residence institution that waives tuition charges for scholarship recipients (required for college/undergraduate study only)
Scholarship value and period Award componentValueDurationActivitiesCollege / undergraduate (4 months)$10,200Four months or one academic termStudy or research at the school or undergraduate degree. A legitimate scholar change settlement that waives tuition fees is required.Graduate (4 months)$10,200Four months or one educational termStudy or research at the graduate level (Masters and PhD). A student trade agreement isn’t required.Graduate (5-6 months)$12,700Five to 6 monthsStudy or research on the graduate degree (Masters and PhD). A pupil trade agreement just isn’t required.Eligible bills
Selected college students might use scholarship funds in path of:
* ✔ visa or study/work permit fees
* ✔ airfare by way of essentially the most direct and economical route
* ✔ medical insurance
* ✔ living expenses, similar to accommodation, utilities and food
* ✔ floor transportation, together with a public transportation move
* ✔ books and supplies required for their study or analysis, excluding computers and different gear
Canadian establishments are eligible to receive:
* ✔ $500 per scholarship recipient to help with administrative prices once the coed arrives in Canada
* ✔ reimbursement of extra employer compliance charges paid to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in some instances
How funding works
Canadian establishments will receive funding from Global Affairs Canada, through its legal name, the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) in the form of a non-negotiable contribution settlement and shall be responsible for offering the funds to profitable students in accordance with its internal processes. Should a student not take up the scholarship, Canadian establishments must return all funds, together with the administrative fee, to DFATD.
Application process Canadian institutions must apply on behalf of eligible students earlier than the deadline.
Before the appliance interval
Canadian institutions interested in hosting students should:
* ✔ promote the scholarship to college and staff members
* ✔ promote the scholarship to eligible companion establishments
* ✔ explore scholar trade agreements with eligible associate establishments
Non-Canadian establishments interested in sending students to Canada should:
* ✔ evaluation eligibility necessities
* ✔ discover student change agreements with Canadian institutions
* ✔ promote this scholarship to students
* ✔ identify students who meet the eligibility and admission requirements for the Canadian partner establishment
Students thinking about learning in Canada under this scholarship should:
* ✔ evaluate the eligibility necessities
* ✔ ask your international workplace if your college has an trade agreement with a Canadian post-secondary establishment
* ✔ contact your worldwide workplace to be taught extra in regards to the utility course of and any admission necessities for the Canadian institution
Application instructions for Canadian institutions applying on behalf of eligible college students
1. Assign a program coordinator to finish applications.
2. Login or Create an account on Momentum to use for the scholarship on behalf of students.
3. Once you’ve logged into your account, choose the Study in Canada Scholarships program within the “For Non Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now”
four. Enter knowledge in the fields marked necessary and observe directions for each merchandise.
5. Upload all required supporting paperwork. Each document have to be smaller than 5 MB and in .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt or .gif format for the appliance to addContent efficiently.
6. Verify the data previous to submission.
7. Click “SUMBIT”. You will receive a affirmation message and a reference number for submitted applications.
8. Print the form in your data utilizing the print function in the browser.
Visit Help with Momentum for more information.
Supporting documents Institutions should ensure documents are full and correct as per the instructions. Revised paperwork will not be accepted after the deadline. Documents in a language aside from English or French have to be accompanied by a translation.
* Proof of citizenship * A copy of the candidate’s passport or national identity card with a photograph and valid dates
* Documents not accepted as proof of citizenship are: driver’s license, permanent residence card, work permit, pupil card, health card, birth certificate or baptismal certificates
* Proof of citizenship chosen should be from the identical country/territory because the citizenship selected within the online application type
* Students from Taiwan should additionally present a proof of family registration in Taiwan
* Signed Privacy Notice Statement
* Letter of intent from the candidate (maximum one page) * Explains the nature of studies or analysis to be undertaken
* Provides rationale for study in Canada and for the choice of establishment, program and supervisor and the way the proposed program of study or research will relate to their future career
* Letter of proof of full-time enrolment from the home establishment * On official letterhead
* Dated inside the last six months
* Confirms that the candidate is at present enrolled in a full-time program
* Copies of transcripts, a pupil card or a letter of admission aren’t acceptable
* Letter of support from the house institution (maximum one page) * On official letterhead
* Dated inside the last six months
* From the candidate’s instructor, professor or worldwide director
* Explains the character of study or analysis to be undertaken in Canada and the way the candidate and the home institution will profit from this scholarship program
* Letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor (graduate students solely, most one page) * On official letterhead
* Dated throughout the last six months
* Signed by the Canadian supervisor
* Describes the character and scope of the analysis collaboration with the student’s house institution
* Confirms their willingness to assist and mentor the candidate in the course of the exchange interval
* Explains how the Canadian institution, supervisor and friends will profit from the trade
* Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Agreement with the companion institution * Indicates that tuition fees won’t be charged and highlights this particular clause
* College and undergraduate research purposes with no current settlement can embody a letter from the international office or equivalent on official letterhead that links the appliance to a selected international analysis collaboration, names the Canadian supervisor and confirms that tuition is not going to be charged. The letter must be dated inside the final six months and be a most of one page
* Expired agreements won’t be accepted – if the agreement is within the strategy of renewal, institutions should embody a letter to this impact
* For graduate purposes, an settlement is really helpful however not required
* A rating of purposes
Scholarship choice criteria
We evaluate applications based on:
* benefit of the research or study to be undertaken in Canada
* profit to the house establishment and peers
* benefit to the Canadian establishment, supervisor and peers
* power of the linkages to be created by way of the proposed exchange
* rankings submitted by the Canadian institution
Note: We give precedence to college students who haven’t beforehand obtained a scholarship beneath a Global Affairs Canada Short-term Exchange Program.
Key dates Application deadline
The deadline for Canadian establishments to submit online applications on behalf of scholars is 11:fifty nine p.m. EDT, March 21, 2023.
Canadian institutions ought to establish an earlier deadline with students and their house institutions to ensure timely receipt of supporting paperwork.
Notification of results
The scholarship administrator will communicate successful results to Canadian establishments within the spring. The administrator won’t provide suggestions for unsuccessful functions.
Institutions are answerable for notifying college students of successful results.
Students should contact their house institution or the Canadian institution relating to the standing of their application.
Student arrival in Canada
Selected college students may arrive as early as August 1, 2023 for the fall semester and no later than February 1, 2024 for the winter/spring semester. Failure to arrive during this time could end result within the cancellation of the scholarship.
Students ought to submit their visa or study/work allow software as early as potential to keep away from delays.
Scholarship conditions Conditions for profitable college students
Students chosen for a scholarship comply with:
* interact in full-time studies or analysis as outlined by the Canadian institution
* abstain from scientific coaching or clinically-oriented analysis involving direct patient-care
* focus totally on full-time studies or research during your keep in Canada
* return to your own home establishments after the scholarship period to complete your research
Failure to satisfy these situations could result within the cancellation of your scholarship.
* Scholarships can’t be deferred and aren’t renewable
* Scholarships are subject to availability of funding from the Government of Canada
* Scholarships are not taxable for both the Canadian establishment or the scholarship recipient
* Students should return to their home institutions after the scholarship interval to complete their studies
Contact us Questions?